
I was pretty much born into it. My mother and aunt both show cattle growing up and my father was raised on a hog farm so it was one of the things that was expected. My sister also showed before me and set out a pretty good path for me to follow. I just enjoyed it enough to take it to the next level and raise my own pigs.
Sam's favorite thing about showing livestock:
Being able to travel and meet new people across the state and country.
Sam's biggest accomplishments showing livestock:
I have many accomplishments showing. I have won Grand Champion Showman for both cattle and swine at the NC Junior Beef Roundup (Intermediate division) and NC State Fair (intermediate division)respectively- I have been Reserve Champion Heifer Showman in the East Carolina Showmanship circuit 2 times. I was 5th in the senior division of the new East Carolina Swine showmanship circuit this past year. I have won showmanship several times at our Wilson county show. I have won several breed championships with the Red Angus breed at the Western Carolina Spring Fling, NC State Fair and NC Junior Beef Roundup
No comments:
Post a Comment