Last week was a very busy week! It began Monday with a practice at the Beef unit at NCSU for the State 4H Livestock judging contest coming up on Tuesday. I had a good practice and felt ready for the contest. After practice I traveled with the Johnston county livestock judging team to tour the Vet School at NCSU. It was AMAZING! We are very fortunate to have such a great facility right here in North Carolina.
Tuesday was the contest- This is the first time in 3 years I have been able to participate. I was a little nervous, but excited to get to compete. The contest consisted of 4 classes of cattle, 2 pigs, 2 sheep and 2 goats. Senior competitors gave 3 sets of reasons. I did pretty well, placing 7th in reasons and 5th in swine. I placed in the top 15 seniors at the contest. As a result, I will have an opportunity to work out for the State 4H livestock judging team. I am excited!
Livestock judging is a great addition to my livestock showing. Being able to select superior animals will always help you perform better in the show ring.
Here is the link to the Livestock judging contest photos from Facebook https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.395956940525793.1073741830.191921984262624&type=1
No comments:
Post a Comment