Sunday, August 4, 2013



 
Its time to start weighing my pigs to make sure we will be right with our weights come State Fair time.  Sorry to say, they are a little heavy.  Part of this project is knowing how much your animals are gaining each day and the correct balance of feed for them to reach that correct show weight.  These pictures are of me and my show pigs.  My first show is going to be Saturday, September 7 in Edgecombe county.  I am looking forward to it, but I know I have a lot of work to do. The 2 larger pigs are my show pigs and the smaller is Frances- we bottle fed her from birth.  She was the only pig her mother farrowed.  Mom had complications and could not look after her, so we became her mom.  She is small, but is in good health and a new friend to the show pigs.

No comments:

Post a Comment